How They Work?
WOOLGUARD PCU PLEATED FILTER – 100% wool – Environmentally friendly, high efficiency, longer filter life- lasts twice as long as standard filters.
The WoolGuard Pleated Air Filter incorporates 100% New Zealand Wool media with an ASHRAE 52.2 average atmospheric efficiency of 40% to 50%, and an average arrestance exceeding 90% by weight. The 2″ filters handle velocities up to 500 fpm – the 4″ filters up to 625 fpm. The wool media is bonded to a metal grid on the air-exiting side, preventing fluttering, and maintaining uniformity of the pleats. The wool filter pack is enclosed in a heavy-duty, moisture-resistant, die-cut frame that will not warp, crack or distort under normal operating conditions. Front and back media retainers are an integral part of the filter frame. The wool media pack is bonded to every part of the frame, preventing any possibility of air by-pass.
– Flat filters can face load, restricting airflow and straining equipment
– WoolGuard filters accumulate heavier particles at the bottom of pleats, allowing longer side openings for effective filtration
– Deeper pleats generally lead to longer filter life and less frequent changes
– Rigid construction with consistent media extends the filter’s service life
– WoolGuard filters remove allergens, VOCs, and Formaldehyde with the highest ratings among pleated filters
– Achieves MERV 9 rating for high capacity, according to ASHRAE Standard 52.2-2007
– Low initial pressure drop and consistent efficiency results
WG12242 || WG24242 || WG12244 || WG24244